Thursday, October 22, 2009

Let your inner nerd out!

So, I recently stumbled across the work of Morphologica who states that
"I am in the final stages of completing my PhD in neuroscience, and have created Morphologica to have a bit of fun with a normally serious subject.

During my research, I have discovered that science can be surprisingly beautiful- single cells viewed under a microscope, intricate networks of cells important for learning and memory, and even the curving structure of the brain itself.
I have tried to capture some of this beauty in the Morphologica pieces, focusing on the shape or morphology of a variety of subjects studied in neuroscience."


While I've been buried in my thesis work I was so thrilled to find more science related art to share with everyone! I hope you all love it as much as I do. It even utilizes laser cutting one of my favorite forms of technology. =)

Topping my wishlist currently are these Helical Symmetry double helix DNA Earrings in black


Great length and dangle which is just what you want in a pair of earrings!

Also I am loving this adorably sexy nerd necklace in black
I'm definitely a huge fan of the typeface used!


Also available in Geek

Be sure to check out her shop and the rest of her great work!

Take care all!

AND! Don't forget to submit work to the exhibition I am trying to get together!

Thanks all!

No comments:

Post a Comment